Premier Landscaping 2011 work thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Premier landscaping south, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

This is a result of helper not properly securing edger after last job of the day. Came home and bam, oh rest of my edger must be somewhere in the middle of I-385! To make Monday so much greater I will be making a trip to Landscaper Supply for a new edger. Any good suggestions out their pertaining to a new edger?

edger.jpg

2. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

Ouch, as far as a new one we use all Stihl 4 mix, I have no complaints with them.

3. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

looks like the other trimmer on the rack is a stihl

4. Premier landscaping south

Have had good luck with stihl. All my other handhelds are stihl as well. Blower, trimmer, hedge trimmer, chainsaw. I was looking at a FS90 on craigslist for $250. Looks like it was never used.

5. Premier landscaping south

I ordered one of these racks today! http://www.trailerracks.com/trimmerracks.html

Hope I like the rack. Looks well built and functional.

It looks great and hope it will eliminate my shaft breaking problems. Even though employee forgot to strap down edger my homemade rack needed to go.

Also picked up a new Stihl FS100 to replace my JD Pro Stick Edger. Used it couple times today and like it.

6. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

I got the classic ones and like them along with a blower rack to.

7. Premier landscaping south

Took out a couple of pretty good size Pampas Grass yesterday. Cut around the perimeter with shovels and then hook the chain and rip em out!:weightlifter:

pampas grass.jpg

8. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good man, that F-150 was hating life with that load!

9. Premier landscaping south

After slicing through that grass with a pic axe, most of the dirt fell out of the roots. Although we filled up the trailer and then some with that yard. We pulled out other trees and creeping juniper. Backyard will be next week.

10. Mowingkid35

Mowingkid35 LawnSite Senior Member

I always kind of wonder why you guys in the south that do the landscaping go with 2 wheel drive trucks?? I would think knowing that you haul heavy loads you would go with a 4wd