Premier Landscaping 2011 work thread.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Premier landscaping south, Apr 27, 2011.

1. bmoorefield

bmoorefield LawnSite Member

Doesn’t that irritate you when you install all that sod and new landscaping but they decided to save on a finishing touch like mulch? Just to save a couple hundred bucks. The project looks great, it’s too bad they didn’t let you finish.
    As far as the truck goes, it doesn’t need to be 4 wheel drive but maybe time for something with a higher GVW or towing capacity. I would be apprehensive to drive that f-150 with all the weight in that picture. I bet it made for a fun drive.?.?

2. Premier landscaping south

Premier landscaping south LawnSite Senior Member

Couple more here.......black mulch is my house. I added the bed on the outside. Wife did the planting around bird bath. Grass to come in fall.

Stripes are from a full maintenance account of ours.

own house.jpg

stripes.jpg

3. Premier landscaping south

We laid out some bails of pine straw today at a job site and when we came back to spread this one, a horse was eating our profit away!

horse.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  4. Premier landscaping south

Here is the first cut with the Walker since laying dow the sod at this house. Very happy with the outcome of this job. I think their is some before pics of this job on this thread.

sm 1.jpg

5. twobroslawns

twobroslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Traction isn't usually an issue hauling a heavy load. Honestly, if all you do is landscaping and mowing there is absolutely no reason why your truck should be 4WD. We usually don't get snow or anything like what yall get up north.

6. Premier landscaping south

Yeah I agree. Look I am from Detroit and yes 4WD is almost a neccesity. Down here when it snows you do not want to be on the roads in the first place. Inexperienced drivers and big hills.

I want to get a F-350 dump for my next truck. Yes it will be 2WD. Save time at the landfill and deliver my own mulch. Plus it will save room in my trailer.

BTW does a 4WD 1/2 ton have heaver springs in the rear end than a 2WD 1/2 ton?

7. Premier landscaping south

some pics of latest hedge trimming job.

100_4827.jpg

100_4830.jpg

100_4838.jpg

100_4835.jpg

100_4828.jpg

8. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking work...Nice of you to feed the horse!! :laugh:

9. Premier landscaping south

Thanks...heck, never thought horses like pine straw!

10. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking work

I think a lot of times 2wd trucks actually have a higher payload and tow rating than 4wd trucks. (Same truck one 2wd and other 4wd obviously)