Lawn Care Forum banner

Premier Site Work-Excavating Picture Thread

59K views 335 replies 39 participants last post by  KrayzKajun 
#1 ·
We are new to the site figured we would post a few pictures of some of our equipment, first up our 2013 Cat 299D and 305.5

#7 ·
Thank-you, the payments are not to bad, those minis work 5 days a week, very versatile. The 350 and 750J have been needed for a while we currently have 3 Cat 336E machines, been wanting to try Deere for a while, big price difference which as we all know plays into our overhead cost. I will try to up load a few more pictures latter on

#8 ·
Nice looking machines there! What's the background info on the company? Are you an owner? What type of work do you mainly do? Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Cheers
Posted via Mobile Device

#11 ·
AEL, to answer your question, the business has been family owed since 1983, we have a ranch in North Texas that took away from the business for many years, things started picking back up in 2000 when the company was turned over to me as the new owner, I worked for several large highway builders in Texas before I fully took over again. We specialize in Highway Construction, Large Development Utilities etc. We have a residential division that handles ranch roads and large residential excavation but our market is really commercial work.

#12 ·
Nice looking iron.. but I was really admiring the dirt! We have nothing but rock down here in this part of Texas! Welcome aboard.
We have a mix of both up here and you will hit rock sand and topsoil all within 10' of each other, closer to Fort Worth its just black goop! Makes work fun!

#13 ·
We have a mix of both up here and you will hit rock sand and topsoil all within 10' of each other, closer to Fort Worth its just black goop! Makes work fun!
Makes it interesting anyway! At my place there's a ten to twelve foot layer of black clay before the gravel / shale rock starts showing. Not a rock in sight above it either. Less than a mile down the road the shale is popping out of the ground. Head East just a tad and its sandy soil complete with sand burrs.

Looking forward to more pics.

#14 ·
I just got in from digging a grave for a dog who's not doing well... it's my mom's Yellow Dog. :( It took me an hour and a half to scrape through the rock to get the grave placed where she wants it. I was using a Bobcat 335 with fairly new teeth and literally gouging the limestone to break the rock down.

#15 ·
That's rough, sorry to hear about the dog, the 305.5 wont do rock well, our biggest the 349 well that sucker will break rock breakfast lunch and dinner, trying to figure this picture uploading thing, we are getting ready to start a neat project dredging a sand bar on lake Granbury, removing about 5200C.Y of soil small amount but a fun project, will post pics when I figure it out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.