Premier Site Work-Excavating Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PremierSwrx, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

It was only a 2 acre plot that a bank owned and wanted to clean it up a bit, put a driveway in and culvert.

Literally walked the whole 2 acres in 5' swaths and the grass hid it, I found other pieces of angle and 2x12s and other garbage but missed that one.....was glad I started after the homeowners left next door. When they got home from work I told them what happened. They ended up contracting us to build a retaining wall the next day to bring grade up on the side of their house.

It all worked out. :)

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Did bobcat give you someone else's machine to use? Looks like a Tervita sticker on the side of it.

3. PremierSwrx

PremierSwrx LawnSite Member

That's a Bobcat of Dallas rental/demo machine. I will get a side shot of the machine next time I am on site.

4. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you end up doing about the sediment cleanup job?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device

6. PremierSwrx

After looking at every mud mat on the market we decided to go the old fashion way. . . we are going to lay down some mats and use our skid and mini ex to remove the material. Those two machines are the only ones that are light enough to operate over the mats with out sinking themselves and the mats.

We where there last week with a little yanmar clean out under docks, worked very well got in got out with not issues. I will get some pictures up

1554583_1518243931734489_1622115488_n.jpg

7. PremierSwrx

One of our dozers at a clearing and road build project

1551659_1502255616666654_1588715768_n.jpg

8. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

Needs more trailer! :laugh::cool2:

[​IMG]

Are you planning on doing the main dredging with a mini ex? What's the estimate on the yardage?

9. PremierSwrx

Moving that thing was like moving a Tonka truck LOL! But it worked well could operate right under the docks and hog the soil out quickly and easily.

We are going to use 2 cat 305.5 mini ex's with 36" buckets and 2 Cat 299D skid steers with bobcat dumper buckets

10. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you're going to be deficient in the haulage department? Are the 299's hauling all the way to the dump site?