Premier Site Work-Excavating Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PremierSwrx, Nov 1, 2013.

1. PremierSwrx

PremierSwrx LawnSite Member

Yes both of them are 2 speed machines, we have an additional 2 T300 on standby if we need them, it should balance out with the speed of digging and moving the mats back

2. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

The haul distance is ~200+ yards eh?

The hoppers only hold 2.5 yards struck. That's ~10 passes per load, 3 minutes tops. The cycle time to the dump will be longer than that, it would seem like you would want at least two hoppers per ex digging. Also another CTL at the dump site pushing the mud around.

Kinda like this.

3. backhoe24

backhoe24 LawnSite Member

Let's see some more of the D6 doing some heavy dozing.

4. Krafty

Krafty LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from St. Louis MO

Let me get this straight you bought a cat 330 and an adt to haul 5200 cubic yards of soil, and you are now going to try and do this with 2 mini ex, 2 skids, and possible and an extra 2 skids??

5. hoeman376

hoeman376 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm calling bs
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lumberjack1986

There's the yardage, I looked back but didn't find it.

I wouldn't be scared of doing it with a mini 5-6 ton mini ex, much less two. They can swing 1/4-1/3 yard per 15 seconds easily. After seeing how deep the silt is, I might would want a dipper extension to keep the machine further from the edge of the "crust." With two minis, that's a long week's worth of digging.

Hauling is where the backup will be. Assuming the dumps don't have to run on a mat road (only the exs sitting on mats), I would plan on having ~100 yards/hour in hauling capacity, with a contingency for another 20-30%.

If the dump site is too wet for a dozer, you'll need at least one if not two CTLs pushing it out, depending on how wet it is and how far you have to push.

Sounds like a fun job, assuming the budget supports it, guessing around $6-8/yard with minis loading and CTLs pushing out. I would look into renting tracked dumpers for hauling.

7. sepm

sepm LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Im sure he didn't buy the 330 and adt for 1 job

8. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Should be interesting... Really looking forward to some pics of this. Do you have any pictures of your 3 336e you have? Or the 350 Deere and 750 Deere you bought?

9. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I would be seriously seriously doubting 100 yards an hour with those machines in those conditions.

10. lumberjack1986

That's a bucket every 20 seconds per ex, for 50 minutes out of the hour. Actual cycle time should be closer to 15 seconds.
    Posted via Mobile Device