1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Premier Site Work-Excavating Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PremierSwrx, Nov 1, 2013.

1. PremierSwrx

PremierSwrx LawnSite Member

AEL, to answer your question, the business has been family owed since 1983, we have a ranch in North Texas that took away from the business for many years, things started picking back up in 2000 when the company was turned over to me as the new owner, I worked for several large highway builders in Texas before I fully took over again. We specialize in Highway Construction, Large Development Utilities etc. We have a residential division that handles ranch roads and large residential excavation but our market is really commercial work.

2. PremierSwrx

We have a mix of both up here and you will hit rock sand and topsoil all within 10' of each other, closer to Fort Worth its just black goop! Makes work fun!

3. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

Makes it interesting anyway! At my place there's a ten to twelve foot layer of black clay before the gravel / shale rock starts showing. Not a rock in sight above it either. Less than a mile down the road the shale is popping out of the ground. Head East just a tad and its sandy soil complete with sand burrs.

Looking forward to more pics.

4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I just got in from digging a grave for a dog who's not doing well... it's my mom's Yellow Dog. :( It took me an hour and a half to scrape through the rock to get the grave placed where she wants it. I was using a Bobcat 335 with fairly new teeth and literally gouging the limestone to break the rock down.

5. PremierSwrx

That's rough, sorry to hear about the dog, the 305.5 wont do rock well, our biggest the 349 well that sucker will break rock breakfast lunch and dinner, trying to figure this picture uploading thing, we are getting ready to start a neat project dredging a sand bar on lake Granbury, removing about 5200C.Y of soil small amount but a fun project, will post pics when I figure it out

6. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Use photobucket

7. PremierSwrx

Here'e the dredging project that we will be using our off road dump and 330 or 336 on approx. 5200 C.Y of soil

IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3396.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

8. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a fun job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. PremierSwrx

As my operators say, its all good fun till someone gets stuck! Then its time to go muddin