Premier Site Work-Excavating Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PremierSwrx, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

ok I read it all now... heres my question. how in gods green earth are you going to use a suction dredge on a lake that has no water where the sediment is? are we just going to wait until the water comes back up?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

He is going to come in from the water and work his way in. Dredge probably only needs a foot of water to float in.

3. PremierSwrx

PremierSwrx LawnSite Member

Bad shot of the dredge

1932429_1531409773751238_1778864799_n.jpg

4. anthonyp

anthonyp LawnSite Member

Is the lake low because of the drought ? or just drawn down for another reason?

Dirtman is probably the most knowledgable person here --on this subject--:) with first hand experience from many different directions, so I would listen carefully to his advice.....I just wish he were closer to me, as I have ongoing project, and would certainly like to work with him... they are not all that big, but to me `nasty scary ones`....Everytime I go to his blog, the first thing that pops up is his excavator --mired in deep mud...makes me take a breath :) Tony

5. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty sketchy looking dredge. What are all the drums for?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a dredge from Bering sea gold. Lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. hoeman376

hoeman376 LawnSite Senior Member

That thing didn't look like it could dredge a coy pond
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the water from the dredge being pumped ashore into baker tanks for the sediment to settle , or into filter bags to hold the sediment and allow the water to settle out? If not you are going to have a big problem handling the water . All the sediment becomes suspended in the water and will just go right back into the pond with the water.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

oh my....

I was thinking a dredge... this looks like 3 piece of floating dock put together. what are the barrels for? idk about this lol

10. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to pile on, but I sure hope that dredge extends back from that picture another 30-40 ft and that we are looking at it from the stern! That's the wierdest (and smallest) looking dredge I have ever seen that is to be used to pump mud 1000+ ft.

In all seriousness, I hope you got this guy with the dredge to sign some sort of subcontract agreement with you that he is only paid if he completes the project and does not cause more damage to this already delicate situation. Do you have any videos of this "dredge" in action?