Premier Site Work-Excavating Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PremierSwrx, Nov 1, 2013.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I wish we weren't getting pounded with snow. I would hop on a cheap plane and come down and help out free of charge just to get out of the cold and solve a muddy problem.

Like i said before....dont over look the option of saying its harder then one could have anticipated and you either A) cant do it B) need more money to get it done.

With the second guy walking off this puts you in a good position to explain this is a larger then anticipated problem.

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks big time that he walked away. That dredge wasn't meant to handle that much material or this type of job . I starting to sound like a broken record but long reach, and mud mats my friend. I have been here before. Bail the material with the long reach to another ex that is on more solid ground and then load into trucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

not really, the homeowners are probably realizing this is more a difficult job than anyone knew and will be more likely now than ever to hold him to his contract...

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I would be afraid to take a long reach out on mud mats. Ive been in ponds with the 210 on mats and still had the mats sink 4' in the ground and mud almost come in the cab door. I played hell trying to get them out with all the suction. Seems like a long reach would be in trouble in that situation? then again you may be able to sit closer to the shore on more solid ground, reach out and get that softer material near the old creek channel without trying to venture out on it. its just one of those things you just have to go with the feel in your seat types of jobs. Ive come close to loosing a machine a time or two, itll keep you on your toes.

5. PremierSwrx

PremierSwrx LawnSite Member

This project is a mess, we have a provision for work due to unforeseen issues, but that's almost guaranteed to bring the attorneys to the table. I'm really interested to see what the mud mats will do, there is soft spots an solid spots. If we stayed on solid ground with the mud mats I would think that they would hold.

6. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Do you know how deep until you hit a hard bottom?

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

What about a long reach on pontoons???
    I helped on job repairing an oyster bed and the Long reach never touched bottom, just floated while we slung material.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. PremierSwrx

I would go that route if I could find one for rent
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ill go look up the info for a few marsh excavators I have.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. PremierSwrx

Sure appreciate it
    Posted via Mobile Device