Premier Site Work-Excavating Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PremierSwrx, Nov 1, 2013.

1. PremierSwrx

PremierSwrx LawnSite Member

The issue is the cost on mud mats for 90 days, we wouldn't even break even at that point

2. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

you don't need to build a haul road to heaven, buy 4 mats and start bailing it to shore with the hoe. load it out and be done with it. might as well dug a hole and bury your dump truck if you think you are going to plywood that thing over a canal lol

3. PremierSwrx

PremierSwrx LawnSite Member

Would a long reach have any advantage, if I do it this way?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

If you're operators have never used one you should probably stick to conventional. Long reaches take a good bit to get used to
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Serious ? 3/4" ply wood to hold dump trucks over mud? Get a few mats a 200 size machine and start bailing. Stop procrastinating and get the job done .
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

personally ive never used a long reach on mud mats before. I know ive had a very hard time getting mats out of the mud with a regular 20 ton machine with a thumb. I don't see how it would be possible if the mats sunk 2-3' in the mud of getting them out with a LR

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Some where long ago i gave your the best advice out of everyone.........tuck your tail and run. You messed up and underbid it. You failed to realize the scope of work involved.

Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

The mats I posted a link to don't with my mini RJ, they're the same size.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device
    Yes you did

10. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

Well, at least you'll have another day to mull it over. It'll be dumping rain today anyway.