prenuptai agreement

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by hole in one lco, Feb 13, 2004.

1. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Well for thous of you that are married or are thinking of marriage. Do you sine a prenuptial agreement or not ? To protect you and your company

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

half of nothing is still nothing
  3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I feel so strongly about that I will build my home first before I do that as well so that is covered as well in the prenupt. I dont know if I would even do that then.
  4. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Way to show trust. Why even get married if you plan for separation?
  5. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

If you don't think she's your "better half" you better "sign" one!
    "like your job, love your wife" John Candy, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. :)
  6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

You cant deny statistics. 75% of all marriages end in divorce. Marriage, when it comes down to it, is basically a business arrangement.. (You even need a liscense )...make it a smart one.:p
  7. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Divorce? Lose half of everything?

I'd be more than happy to have someone take over half of my business payments and mortgage. :)
  8. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Ever look ahead on a job and plan for every possible thing that you think may go wrong? Your not planning for it to go wrong ... just want to have back-up plans incase it does.
    And ..if one or the other won't sign one...why? ... are THEY planning for seperation?
  9. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

I would never ask a woman to sign a pre-nupt. If I'm that unsure the marriage will work, then I have no business getting married.

10. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Good for you Randy...but I wouldn't knock anyone who does use them. It's called a smart business practice.

Of course you don't plan on separating but people sometimes move in different directions after years and chances are that 50% of you who posted that you'll never need a pre-nupt will wish they had.

Sign me - once bitten-twice shy