preparation for swing set

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Zachary52902, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Zachary52902

Zachary52902 LawnSite Member

A customer of mine asked me to prep for a swing set she has. She wants me to dig 6inches down in depth and the dim. are 30 by 10. She then wants the border lines with the rubber border used on mulch bed. She is having rubber mulch installed in the base. What would u guys price this at. I have never done something like this so i do not know what to charge.

2. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

What are you going to use to dig up the area?What are you going to use to haul off the material?(or is it going to be dumped on site?)
    I calculated 5.5 yards of material to be hauled off.Gonna take a while if doing by hand.

3. Zachary52902

Zachary52902 LawnSite Member

the lady really doesnt want me to tear up the ground so it will have to be done by hand. I figures about two trips to haul the dirt away. Just wasn't sure what you would charge

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

In the neighborhood of $225-$250
    Dirt is a lot heavier than mulch, and 5.5 yards of it will take some work, not to mention the actual digging out of the turf. I'd figure around 3 hours work plus drive and dump fees.
    not a bad job to pick up, since destroying something is easier than making it look nice :blob2:

5. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

i figure 4 hours x 60.00 per hour plus dumping--say 35 per load=$310.00