Preparator II

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, May 17, 2008.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Here is a pic of typical stuff I have too get up with the Harley Rake.

I honestly do not understand how the Preparator will pick it up.

0517081429 (640 x 480).jpg

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

It wont pick that up very easily. You could rake it into a pile, using a high angle on the bucket. If that is the type of material your in consistantly it may not be the right attachment for what you want to do.

3. AWJ Services

from Ga

I do alot of jobs were I end up digging up alot of roots.
    I use the Harley too windrow them into piles.

This is maybe 30% of my work.
    This is off of the FFC website.

Not sure what they mean that is why I thought I would ask.

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

It works great for rocks and I have used it to clear clear off rooty type areas but it the pieces get too big it does not work as well. I am sure a Harley does the same thing, it will run over roots that are long and extend beyond the width of the machine. The smaller stuff it works without issue. You would likely have to make more piles of the larger stuff and clear out with a root rake.

5. AWJ Services

from Ga

I understand.

I use the harley angled with the side out and you can pretty much go in circles till everything is in a pile.

I was curious of how going backwards would it pickup the large stuff.It would seem like the bucket would just move the stuff out of the way.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You rotate the bucket up and back. That keeps the bucket out of play. I use that tactic as well when I just want to rake the rock and leave the grade alone.