Prepay discounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jenyss, Feb 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Jenyss

Jenyss LawnSite Member

We usually offer a 10% discount for customers who prepay for the season but are unsure about what to do with the questionable gas prices. Any suggestions?

2. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

There was a good thread on this subject not too long ago. But I think 10% is far too high of a discount. I was thinking of offering a 3-5% discount for prepay of the entire season and I am not even sure if I want to do that. If slow payers or cashflow is an issue then I could see a reason do it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Jenyss

Jenyss LawnSite Member

Thanks! I did go back and read the other posts. I htink we will reduce it to 5% this year - we do have cash flow issues at the beginning of the year and a few slow pay customers.

4. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I offer a 5% discount to my customers who prepay for the season. It's a tough sell in today's economy to get that much $ up front tho.

5. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Ive got 3 prepay customers only 2 of which get a 5% discount. Its nice having an extra 5k to start the year.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I would say cut your prepay down to 3-5%. 10% is an awfully generous prepay unless you are top loading the price then taking out the discount.

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah I remember that one as well. What is the best way to handle an unknown total amount of mowings? Bill those out at the end of the season?

There was another thread about monthly prepays or pay as you go. Payment due by the 1st just like rent. So why not for mowing? The incentive is no Billings sent out and less paperwork hassles?
    Posted via Mobile Device