1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pre's for brushy areas

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ArTurf, Oct 30, 2012.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Tordon K or Tordon 22K does not contain anything else in it. Which would suit your purpose better. Why apply 2,4-D, fluroxypyr or triclopyr to cleared ground? Those additional herbicides are best saved for standing brush.
  2. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

I apologize for misconstruing your intentions of the brushy area. I have done clear outs like this in the past, then only to have grassy weeds and broadleaf fill back in. I was under the impression that this is what you were referring to.
    With Tordon,etc., I wonder if there is any wanted plantings, trees, or landscape ornamental plants around that will be effected.? I can't help but think of PGR products to control regrowth from such plants as ivy, privet.
    I have used Gly and Triclopyr on occasion with ample results.

Sorry for misreading and understanding your post.
  3. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I appreciate you input. It may be that some of the things you mentioned will come out. I may put in some other pre for grassy/broadleaf. Really don't know what I am going to see on this job. Which triclopyr product do you use for these type areas?
  4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I am trying to figure out the best approach to this job. Let's say they clear this area this winter. Should the 1st application be done when regrowth starts to appear in spring? And then subsequent apps as needed? Does this sound like a good approach or what do you recommend?