1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Presentaion Folders

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by M&B LAWN CARE, Jan 11, 2010.

M&B LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

Just wondering how many out there uses presentaion folders? to put bids in and then give the folder to the customer, would love some thoughts or ideas on this subject i am thinking about getting some made 125 for around 95.00 any and all advice is welcomed.
  2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

We only use presentation folders for commercial bids. They are too expensive for basic residential proposals.

is that a good price though 125 for $95.00
  4. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

I like the idea, and for under a buck a piece not a bad price. I would think you would only hand them out to commercial or high end residential accounts. I made up a presentation flip folder, pictures, license, insurance cert, and services. The last two pages are the basic agreements for bi and weekly service. I say do it if you think it could help.
  5. Marvelous Gardens

Marvelous Gardens LawnSite Member

I have never used a presentation folder, but I do have my business letterhead on all proposals and insert the proposal in a folder from wal-mart with the clear protection cover. But if you are going to submit that many bids that is a good price for custom folders imo.

definetly only hand them out to commercial accounts and high end residential accounts, would of came in handy earlier this year as i bid on and gotten a bestwestern commercial account, not bad i guess for just stating out and not even feb. yet. thanks for the comments i think i will order some ill let everyone know how they turn out.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I disagree....I hand them out to almost every estimate I do. I have a few thousand of my logos printed out as stickers and buy cheap (but nice) folders from staples. I enclose my maintenance agreement, fert program, fert contract, list of services, contact sheet, mission statement, and refer a friend advertisement. I can guarantee that I've more than paid for them. They get rave reviews.
  8. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

that sounds like a good idea.

so you suggest handing them out with every estimate that i do?
  10. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

MIKE... Where did you find folders for the price and quantity that you mentioned?