Presentation for commercial clients.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dsmrolla06, Nov 3, 2005.

1. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you guys put together a presentation to sell yourself and your company to a client? I was thinking of putting something together, somehting mabe a little more than a brochure. Thoughts on this?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have learned over the years that if you are just honest with them, tell them the pros and cons of services, they will apprecaite it. Don't blow smoke up their bum. Just be honest. And let them know that you are going to be honest.

3. dsmrolla06

Oh i had no intentions of not being honest with them. I just kind of wanted some hard material to put in front of them. Something that is visually appealing and thats going to have all our services and information available for them to see.

4. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I think it depends on the customer. If it is an account with multiple sites, not like restuarants or fast food joints, but serious "high-end" properties, then it could be worth it. You have to take into account that some of those colored brochures can get expensive! You don't want to just hand them out at random, but choose wisely. Give a basic color brochure to the average customer, and sometimes you don't even have to do that if your sales pitch is good enough. Remember that they are buying YOU and your company!
    I have high quality brochures that are in a monogramed folder with a list of references, qualifications, scope of services, etc. that I only give to the select Big Boys.
    Once, several years ago, I had a client in the Atlanta area that were owners of all the Fairfield Inns, several Marriots and Residence Inns in the Metro area. They got the high dollar folder. Another one was the management firm for the Promenade (Chess piece looking office towers in Ashford-Dunwoody area). Of course selling those properties paid for several new versions of the packets.

5. dsmrolla06

I was thinking something more reusable. Like a few pages in a binder in laminates or something. I could use that for every presentation and then have other disposables.