Presenting Services and "programs"

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Slcareco, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

How do you present all other maintenance services besides cutting? Do you have agreements that include it all? If so how do you give a price for something that wont be performed 5 months from then?

Do clients like programs? were they are signed up for a complete maintenance deal from cutting, to weeding beds, and aerating the lawn, etc?

Also how do you get people to get diff services preformed? Send a flyer in july saying its that time to aerate call for a free estimate and just make them sign an agreement?

Bare with me I'm trying to get alot of opinion so I know what pleases the clients that you guys have now so I know for my future clients
  2. kentuckylawns

kentuckylawns LawnSite Member

some guys around here send out a news letter quaterly or so, talk about the weather and other news, then add in tips and other service offers.
  3. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

You could make up a sheet with your company logo and list all your services you offer. Like mowing, seeding fertilizing, snow removal etc. You'll get some customers that want full service, some want only basic lawncare. But at least this way theyll be informed! Plus you could always drop of flyers at homes you see that look like they need your services. :waving:
  4. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

You could even pass out letters during the year if you decide to add a service. Just type up your services and then put something like we are now offering such & such services.
    Everytime you add a service just type up something and send it out with their bill. this also will keep them reminded you do more than just cut grass.
  5. Slcareco

thanks guys, now what do you do about performing the service does everything get a seprate agreement? or proposal how do you guys do it?
  6. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

That's up to you. You could offer Just Basic mowing. which would be mowing, grass trimming & blowing of walkways. Than add your other services as extras. Or you could include them as different programs. Like :

Basic mowing - As stated above
    Basic Plus - Same as above but with edging & bed mantenance
    Total yard care - Same as plus and includes Aeration w/wout overseedind 1 time per year.

You get the idea, you can come up with some.
  7. Slcareco

You have any example forms of what it would or should look like? And how do you get them to sign for jobs you didnt estimate yet and have them sign for it?