1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

President George W. Bush to visit Wright Manufacturing today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wright Mfg, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Wright Mfg

Wright Mfg Guest

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Wonder what his impressionations will be of the manurfacations of Wrights lawn mowing equipifications.
  3. ztrlvr

ztrlvr LawnSite Member
    from US

4. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Kudos!!! :usflag:
  5. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

cool! :usflag:
  6. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

Pretty cool. I'm sure the guys at Wright are pretty excited about this.
  7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Don't let him touch anything! I'd like to buy a Stander someday. :laugh::laugh:

8. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

New proposal. All mowers sold must get atleast 1 yard per 6-pack. :)
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I think this is cool.

I hope to see you guys on TV/news in the next few days.
  10. Bill Wright

Bill Wright LawnSite Member

Thanks to all of you for the well-wishing posts. Its our great honor and privilege that the President of the United States George W. Bush visited our plant yesterday, 1/18/08. Please let me share some of events with you.

See these links for some of the pictures of our President at Wright Manufacturing:

Here is a VIDEO of the PresidentÂ’s speech while he was standing on a Wright Stander. Click on the link and then on "video Windows" in the upper right hand corner of the screen:

Another VIDEO but showing the President performing a zero radius turn:

Link to the text of PresidentÂ’s words and my response while he was standing on a Wright Stander:

Local article:

We all were impressed by how personable he was with everyone on our team. He made an effort meet and speak with almost everyone along the tour. I am very proud of and thankful for every member of our team that makes and supports our mowers. I'm also thankful for the excellelent leadership of our President through the past 7 years and pleased he was able to visit us yesterday.

The following is a Press Pool report:

WASHINGTON (Jan. 18, 2008) - President Bush traveled by helicopter to Frederick (Md.) Municipal Airport, departing the White House at approximately 12:50 p.m. The press corps departed via helicopter from Ft. McNair at 12:50 p.m., and landed with the POTUS' helicopter at 1:15 p.m.

The motorcade arrived at the Wright Manufacturing, Inc. factory at 1:32 p.m., at which time Bush toured the welding line and the final assembly and testing area for the "Stander," Wright Manufacturing's commercial lawnmower.

Joining the President were Rep. Roscoe Bartlett, R-Md., and Bill Wright, CEO of Wright Manufacturing, Inc.

Bush greeted, shook hands and posed for pictures with workers throughout the facility, and used "hola" to greet the numerous Hispanic workers.

At the conclusion of the tour, Bush delivered his remarks on the need for an economic stimulus package, and

admiring the "Stander," asked Wright to "crank this sucker up." After receiving a demonstration from Wright, Bush took the reigns, going forwards and backwards on the "Stander" while waving to the press corps. Bush called it a "fine looking machine."

The motorcade departed the factory at 2:13 p.m., driving through Frederick (past a woman with a life-size cutout of Bush), and departed for Washington at 2:29 p.m., arriving at the White House at 2:51.

By Andy Leonatti, CongressDaily.

Here's wishing you all a Happy New Year and a great 2008 mowing season!

Best regards,