Pressure vacuum breakers???

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Prime Seasons, Oct 23, 2000.

1. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons LawnSite Member

Help!

Where can one purchase different types of vacuum breakers for new irrigation systems? I have found only one type in Michigan, I believe it was a FEMCO brass unit for about $250. Are there less expensive units out there and if so where can you get them? The local Home Depots, Lowes, etc. do not carry them.

Thanks.

gus

2. Only irrgation houses carry this kind of stuff,maybe also plumbing supply houses also. $250, that's about average price for breakers. Febco is one of the big boys for vacum breakers,vacum breakers.
    http://www.cmb-ind.com/
    their website
    John

3. PVB's do not meet code in many areas. Most every area in the West requires double checks.

4. My brother said he bought his at Home Depot. It is not Femco but he said looked just like it. We live around Detroit area. It cost around 85.00 he thinks.

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Since apparently the trend the last couple of days is to re-hash old posts, I though I would dig up the oldest post in the irrigation forum.

Recognize Gus, no one else.

Apparently this was before the riff-raff joined.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

If it was not for the riff-raff, you guys would still be thinking ESP was state-of-the-art.

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

And you would have never gotten away from boxed wine!:)

8. Mike Leary

I don't believe any boxed wine was involved when we had to call the Goodyear police to get you back on duty.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Not that time. Good times though were had.

10. Mike Leary

Ditto, look forward to the next time.