Pressure washer for the shop? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Jan 13, 2011.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have decided I am done going to a car wash with trailers full of equipment when I could just wash them at my place and not have to worry about loading anything up. I have decided that I am going to buy a pressure washer and I want something decent and powerful. I have between $750-1,500 to spend on one so let me know what I should get. I want something that is going to tackle any job I throw at it but is also reliable as it will be used weekly for a lot of equipment. Thanks in advance!

2. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

3. bcg717

bcg717 LawnSite Member

How many people are going to be using it? The reason i ask is because if a lot of people are going to be using it the best bet is a electric powered unit that has a time delay shutdown feature. Any pressure washer no matter what make or model should not be ran in bypass (without the trigger being pulled while running) for over 2 mins. This causes major wear and tear on the packings. Electric pressure washers will drive the price up, especially for one strong enough to get the job done. The pressure washer listed above is a great unit. Email me if you want a better price on it though. Bcg717@msn.com

4. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I will be the only one using it. It will be used for washing mowers and trucks. Maybe a skid when needed. And gasracer anything will be fine, I just want to make sure it is going to be reliable.

5. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had "B E" for a couple of years and it works great. Mine is a little smaller than that one.

6. GunnPropertyServices

GunnPropertyServices LawnSite Senior Member

i have a pressure washer almost the same model as that one, good pressure washer plenty of power and GPM. the only thing i would suggest is try to find a local pressure washer shop that services them and buy from them. the engine will run forever but the pump will need to be rebuilt. they will be able to rebuild the pump fast and cheaper then sending it off or buying new

7. get one that has a burner for hot water.

8. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

This one.... 4 gpm.... General Pump (parts are easy to get and not extremely expensive) Honda Engine (no brainer)

BELT DRIVEN.... Less RPM on Pump. Lasts longer. Further away frome heat on Engine. Less Vibration.

The dealer is AWESOME!

http://www.pressuretek.com/bedr4gpm40ps.html

9. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Except for Washers that are mounted with a float/bypass tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vGKqoa0-Wk

10. bcg717

bcg717 LawnSite Member