Pressure Washer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by 29 Palms Property Management, Nov 1, 2005.

1. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

I want to take on pressure washing during the "off season" and then incorporate it into the business full time at the start of next year. My question is what would be a good washer to purchase? What would be the minimum psi I should consider when shopping for one? Most of the work will be mainly driveways, sidewalks and pool decks and patios. I have been approached about doing houses as well (siding). I just want to be safe and not buy something too small or underpowered, but don't know what brand or size to get. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Buy a belt drive machine a starter is a 13 hp honda 4000 psi 5 gpm, or a 5000 psi 5gpm 24 honda big general pumps, or a hot water machine water cannon has good prices.

3. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

4. firecapt13

firecapt13 LawnSite Member
    from NC

pressure isn't everything. higher gpm and lower psi combined with proper chemical application. alot of people use psi and do major damage to houses. example- to clean a wooden deck you only use 500-800 psi or you will buy a deck to replace it. i have been doing pw for 8 years and love it. my hour rate for pw is a lot higher than for lawn maintenance. i average 125 per hour on pw jobs.

5. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

GPM is key as you need to wash away the dirt after you break it free.
    Belt drive will be a better unit for you.