Pressure Washer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by huntercook33, Oct 19, 2004.

1. huntercook33

huntercook33 LawnSite Member
    from Orando

Do any of you presure wash drive ways or houses? If so, how much do you normally charge for a decent sized driveway?
  2. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I was wondering that myself. Anyone no what PSI is needed for efficient work?
  3. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, we do pw, which seems to really do well in the winter months. It depends on the total sq footage of the material to be washed. For jobs smaller than 10,000 sq ft, I charge about $0.25 a sq ft. For anything larger $0.15 a sq ft. Most houses to be washed I usually eyeball it and go from there. For single wide trailers I chage $75, double $90.

PSI depends on who you talk to, I think you definitely need something over 3000 to get that ground in oil off the concrete. Although the number you really need to look at is the GPM, or gallons per minute. The higher the better. That is what makes the difference in a a quality pressure washer.

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member

5. NC Scaper

NC Scaper LawnSite Member

I am glad someone brought this up cause I been thinking about doing PW in the winter months for some extra cash.
  6. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Get a belt drive also, more durable ,,not really that much more & GAL per minute is more important than the PSI just as earlier post read. I bought muine on ebay, from a company in FL. Very good customer service & tehy shipped the washer for about $65. If you need the web addres just email me or PM me.
  7. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I run two pressure washer's, both I got from GX 9hp, 3 GPM, 3000 psi, comet pump. GX 13hp Honda hot pressure-washer, drive belt, 4 GPM @ 3000 psi. with a cat pump. With these I use a turbo nozzle, 24 ft. telescoping wand and a stainless steel surface cleaner. I do driveways, sidewalks, patio's, concrete retaining walls, houses, trailer's and clean my equipment. Rates are around $0.20 to $0.40 per sq. ft.. Depends on what has to be taken off the surface, from oil to paint. Great money maker.
  8. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Last year I went to home Depot and bought one that was on sale. 3000psi, Honda motor. I only bought it for around the house but one day, while I was mowing for one of my customers, I noticed he had some mold on the side of his vinyl sided house so i asked him if he wanted it washed. Made 100 bucks in about 2 hours (incl trucking)

I think there is money to be made because it be be pretty wet and dirty work and I don't think most folks like to do it.
  9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I was not real impressed w/ the hourly charge for pw. I can make more money mowing. It seems most of the work is in pw houses.
  10. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

How much GMP do you think will do best ? Whats your GPM ? Mine is 16hp, 5.8 gmp 3650 psi. Thats what ther pump says. The psi gage says 2500 is being pumped. I have turbo nozzels and some of each angle width. You can have 2 -15 degree nozzels. there is a big difference between the 5 gpm and 3 gpm nozzel.