Pressure washing, add on service?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Mar 1, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if any of you do pressure washing as a add on. It might help us in keeping the guys busy in a drought etc, and possiably mild winter days. Your thoughts?

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Not that great a seller for me though.

3. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Mark, we are looking at a mobil unit, running around only $5000.00 so if it doesnt go over that well it wouldnt be a big problem. However we have the commercial accounts needing it so?

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

That must be a one with hot n cold water ETC.
    If I had many commercial accts that would be the way to go.
    LUCK TO YA

5. jay

jay LawnSite Member

What size pressure washer were you looking for?

[Edited by jay on 03-02-2001 at 02:30 AM]

6. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased a new pressure washer this week,first job paid for one-third of the price of the machine!
    there's a lot of mobile homes in this area,also love bug season will be busy.

7. Hello Everybody:

Yes it is tuff getting Pressure Washing Jobs & we used a cold water unit with 2,500 psi. We did get quite a bit of work with our Lawn Service Customers. It took a while & what we did was every month on our statements we mentioned that we also did pressure washing.

Have any of you guys tried this?
    Offering a monthly Maintenance agreement at places with drive throughs? Fast food, Banks & etc...

Also at Resturants entrances & at their dumpsters?
    Dental offices, these & Resturants have a excessive amount of gum thrown down on walk ways all the time?

Any of the above it should be fairly easy to get regular scheduled maintenance agreements.

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I know guys that sub contract to the hospitals for cleaning of their lunch area patios/loading docks/front entrance ways.

The other companies that you could check with would be the trucking companies for their loading docks as well, or possibly washing the trucks/trailers.

Kris

9. Chip

Chip LawnSite Member

I bought a pressure washer a few years ago. It paid for itself with the first few jobs I did. Mostly brick walkways with moss. I use it for doing my deck and my Dads deck and Gazebo. They are a nice machine to have especially for cleaning your equipment at the end of the season. But they can also be quite dangerous and do plenty of damage if you don't know what you are doing. I cut my self once it hurts really bad. Just my opinion, but this is a business that should be left to someone who does it professionally.This is a business that requires lots of experience and proper training. Don't mean to preach but if you have one make sure you follow all the safety precautions. Sub the work out and make a few bucks while you sit back and watch.

10. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in my area pressure washing can be better
    than mowing. I have a business I call DECK
    DOCTOR PRESSURE WASHING. go to http://www.angelfire.com
    /md2/jeffex the web page is new and we need
    more pics. we do mostly pressure treated
    wood decks that have turned gray or moldy. we
    added lawn mowing to this bus. to extend our
    season. get a 3000 psi machine with a 11hp
    honda at 4 gal/min at least.