Pressure washing on the side?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I came into posession of a pro grade honda pressure washer for a few months....If all goes well I would like to get into doing a bit of pressure washing on the side. In the past I have done pressure washing to fill time with a small pressure washer now I have a 13hp honda. What are you guys charging per sq. foot for pressure washing of cement driveways?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

we did some pressure washing on the side for our regular customers, but we charged per hour, not square feet. I still have a pressure washer sitting in the corner collecting dust. One of the worst investments I ever made.

3. challenger55

challenger55 LawnSite Member

hey what you can do with the pressure washer is send out some fliers get some jobs put up a high price and get someone to do it for you
    before long you will be making some real money and do no work

4. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Delco.com, I believe is the name/web address. It's a forum just for pressure washing with many tips & ideas.
    Sq.ft. is the way to go, I've found it makes a nice addition to side work to offer. Just be careful if cleaning anything wood, turn pressure WAY down and increase gradually to desired results.

5. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

I wash and stain decks on the side. Very profitable. In my area I charge .80/sq.ft -1.00/sq.ft. for just washing. Staining is 2.00-2.50/sq.ft. Staining is a PITA, but you can make $60-70 hr. in my area. As a previous post said, read up on the subject before you try it on a customer's deck. Experiment on your own first.

6. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have done my share of pressure washing but I always added the cost of the job onto other things...(i.e Package deal) I have done decks before although I am trying to avoid that at this time.

7. cos

cos LawnSite Addict