pressure washing

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by garyslawn, Jul 11, 2005.

1. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

No rain NE Ohio 5 weeks. A few of my customers ask if I would want to pressure wash there house. I have the time but I have no idea how to price this. How much should I charge? By the hour or sq ft??? thanks

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Either way will work we do it buy the job, buy a good machine and go from there pw is big buisness.

3. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

By the Linear Foot.

4. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Have a 3600psi Honda, use it on my equipment and my deck. Have no idea how long it would take to wash a 1800sqft bylevel house. Do you use the cleaner and do you brush it. What amount $$ would you charge per ft, hr, job? Thanks

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

to do a 80x20 driveway and a pool deck i charge $160. and i use a sprayer filled with pool chlorine and spray that on the surface to be cleaned after i wet it down first, then let the chlorine soak for 10min and then pressure wash it clean.

6. TURF DOCTOR

7. TURF DOCTOR

This will help you.You will have to be competitive never tell your customers what you make or charge.I have quoted hourly charges sometimes they take them sometimes not.

8. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

No brushing except for the occasional stubborn gutter.

9. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good description on this site, but I'm not sure about the figures used in the priceing. He says you need to get $45 per hour, but then he has a road tractor priced at $8-$25. I don't think I could pressure wash 2-6 road tractors in one hour, and if I could, that would mean that I had some serious equipment involved and I certainly wouldn't charge less just because my equipment allows me to do it faster. His philosphy (with the numbers aside) is good though.