1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

pressure washing?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by zim bob the landscaper, Jun 27, 2006.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i just got a pressure washer and was wondering if i should include it in my services. easy money it seems like. cleaning patios, sidewalks, drivways, houses, porches, and many more things you can do. just wondring if i should do this or is it a big waste of time? also if you do this service please tell me if i should do hourly or just the type of job that it is.

thanks

2. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

I used to do it, but it's very time consuming. I had to stop during the cutting season cause I just got to busy doing lawns. You can make very good money pressure washing. I think I may do a little washing during the off season. It seemed like just when I was starting to get all the calls to start cutting that was just about the time people starting calling for a wash job...lol
    Good Luck

3. SamTheLawnMan

SamTheLawnMan LawnSite Member

Oh BTW you was asking about prices. I charge $ .10 a square foot for a single story residence.

4. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

thank you for the info.:waving:

5. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

Absolute money maker! I love doing it. Very easy work, using the right chemicals. I charge .13 a square foot. That goes for homes, decks driveways, and so on. And a $25 chemical application fee. Well worth it!

6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive heard there is good money too....Ive been thinking about doing this, but it would have to be in the offseason too.

7. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats a good pressure washer to purchase for this??

8. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you need a special license because of the chemical applications?

9. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

Not here in FL. Or I should say this county anyways. It might also depend on what chemicals are used. But I was informed by my city and county that an additional license was not needed.

10. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Wow that is good money. Here you can get your driveway sealcoated for 10 - 13 cents a square.