pressure washing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by betts, May 20, 2003.

1. betts

betts LawnSite Member

Does any one include pressure washing in their operations, if so how do you figure pricing. I have a few clients that want pressure washing and it would be a needed income. What equip do you use?

Thanks
    Jeremy Betts
    Betts Landscaping

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have only done power washing once and it was for my number one customer for the past 4 years. That was the only reason that I did it, it was because of the type of customer.

I charged hourly for it. But other than that, it really isn't a big selling point acround here.

3. dtain22

dtain22 LawnSite Member

hourly charging is ok, but for the most part companies charge for the size of the job, i know for me, if it's a porch or a canvas overhang etc. the stuff seems to run around 40-50 per hour, the equip. i use is just your avg. craftsman power washer getting most jobs done in a reasonable amount of time.

4. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

I've often thought about getting into pressure washing drives, houses, porches, etc. after the "grass season" ends and before it starts to get real cold.

I'd be curious to see if anyone else has thought of adding pressure washing to their repetitor?

Thanks,

BAMARED

5. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

I just added power washing this year.

Havent really pushed too hard for it, so the results are poor.

6. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

Got my first pressure washing project today.

A deck and a driveway.

Key thing is (I think) get the biggest pressure washer you can get, the bigger it is, the faster you finish.

I got a 4000 psi.

7. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

Sure, Pressure Washing, Floral Design and Cleaning services.

I stay pretty buisy. I'm hopeing one day each will support it's own and I can just supervise(LOL! Yeah right).

8. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I've been building decks and fences for years. I decided to get into lawn care ,and along with it pressure washing. I just finished a fence and driveway job. It is a very profitable business. I have a 2500 psi washer with a Honda motor that works great. All you need for sealing is a pump sprayer and a roller for getting into sidewalks or drives where you don't want the overspray to kill grass or plants. As far as pricing ,I bid this job at .30 per sq ft on the driveway and 1.50per linear ft for a 3 rail split rail fence. The customer did not hesitate by saying "when can you do it?" The whole job took me 11 hours actual on the job. I had $110 in sealant and about 5 gallons of gas (used their water). I profitted just under $800 ,pretty good for 11 hours don't you think. If you are going to do decks or any other wood surface ,be careful ,more power isn't better. It is real easy to mess up the wood. On concrete as long as your using the right tip you can't really mess it up. I would suggest doing some research on washing. I found a bunch of good info on the internet.

9. Lakeview

Lakeview LawnSite Member

A pressure washer is great if you are in the painting business. It will remove all the loose paint and that will greatly reduce time spent scraping. It will also assure customers you are not painting over loose dirt.

10. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

1) You may want to let your insurance agent "in" on your ideas to add this to your services list.

2) Many avenues of Power Washing from: Industrial Kitchen Hoods to Truck Fleets. Most easily xferrable IMO would be Driveways, Fences and Decks...possibly roofs or gutters with some light attachments, maybe part of your spring cleanups.
    Any further than this you may become more of a "Handyman" service. There are so many aspects of the Green Industry to pursue, I have found the 'hard way' these others become a burden, and you may begin painting with too large a brush.

3) We have become 'entangled' with a Lg. Contract re: Environmental Pressure Cleaning. And, never more than now is the saying: 'Stick to what you know' ringing true to me.

My .02