1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pressure washing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, May 15, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

does anyone add pressure washing to thier list of services this time of year? like decks, fences, etc.. do you price by the sq ft for a deck, or another method?
  2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I do some, I go by the hour most of the time.
  3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

you ever get hassled about the "time" you spend there? do they tell you you milked it?
    by the way..............HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! mine is the 19th, wednesday. 27 years old........... i'll have to chage my screen name to "older than olderthandirt"
  4. MDB270

MDB270 LawnSite Member

on decks I charge by the square ft. and same for railing........steps.....all the extras
  5. RyanCJ7

RyanCJ7 LawnSite Member

dont forget about houses too. I charge between 10 and 15 cents per square foot for cleaning vinyl siding and other sidings. Variance depends on the type of material the house is made of/difficulty/degree of dirtyness.

1 average 2 story house only takes about 2 hours for two people with pressure washers to clean and the profit is extremely good and the work is very easy. If you have a good enough pressure washer and backpack sprayer you can do all of the cleaning from the ground on most houses, that way you dont have to worry about using a ladder and the trouble that causes with liability and all.
  6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

SQ ft total or else people seem to think you sat on the job dinkin around. I used to charge / hour then they would say, gee the washer wasn't running, - no outa gas had to refill.
  7. gr8cutter

gr8cutter LawnSite Member

What type of preasure washer do you guys use? How do you get customers? From existing customers?
  8. Houston's

Houston's LawnSite Member

i wnat to know what pressure washer to use too?
  9. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

Are you asking what one to use ?
  10. Houston's

Houston's LawnSite Member

what brand, size, stuff like that