pressure washing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jasonp, Feb 5, 2001.

1. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Wondering if anyone else pressure washes decks,concrete walks and drives. What have you found best to clean concrete? Just added this to my business hope it gets me some more customers this year.

2. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

me me me... great monwy maker concrete most of the time plain water ....a little degreser

3. Guest

Degreaser.

4. David Hickerson

David Hickerson LawnSite Member

I hope you do better than I did at it. I have my washer with no customers. If you can find a nitch in your area great but I was not able to. I know of a guy in my area that was doing washing. He advertised like a mad man and ended up closing his doors because of know business. Good luck to you.

Houston

5. zimm4

zimm4 LawnSite Member

Just get A pump up sprayer and spray the surface first.
    Saves on chemical use. Makes the cleaning easier.

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Dont forget that when you are pressure washing if you are doing concrete that has a sealant on it that you may begin to remove it. Also with decks you have to be careful so as not to split the wood. Pressure washing is the demise of all decking so be cautious when you offer this service. If its a repeat customer you might end up replacing the decking after a few washings. We hire a contractor who strips the wood clean and then re-seals it. Although the price is outrageous its cheaper than pressure washing in the end, and our toes dont get the splinters left from pressure washing.

good Luck in your venture.
    Kris

7. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i use simple green, apply it while the concrete is dry, stubborn grease spots require gunk and a brush.

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

I have pressure washer. the problem is I found out
    pure clorox will make one look as good as
    the washer.Kinda flatnd my tire on the whole thing.
    Im still working on it though.

9. jay

jay LawnSite Member

If it real bad you can acid wash, but be real careful what you use this on and make sure no one is the area. It can be dangerous. Mix real light on the acid.