1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Preston Lawnscapes LLC

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Pressedun, May 17, 2011.

1. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

And more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. corbster

corbster LawnSite Fanatic
    from OHIO

Travis ....that is nice dude .... I like the Rock and Mulch integration that you do ! Sweet Stuff Man !!!!! :cool2:

3. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Wow what a difference very nice work, yeah that stone/mulch integration is very popular around here

4. Pressedun

Thanks guys!

Yeah it's somewhat popular but I really like the clean look plus the mulch never runs out into the grass and it stays looking clean for a long time!

5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks awesome travis! The stone makes the mulch pop out!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Pressedun

Thanks Scott!

7. Pressedun

Here are some before pictures of a job I started today...

Details are...

Turning this 25'x25' area into a garden but only up to the planting stage... Beds will be going around the entire perimeter with some sod in the middle and a small stepping stone walkway. Used a Dingo today to remove around 6-8 inches of material (mostly driveway gravel and large stones) and will be adding in around 10 yards of topsoil for now and maybe more later after the soil compresses. Exciting project and the first time I've used a Dingo, neat little machines and easy to use!

8. Pressedun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BFuller

BFuller LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,

I landscape up in the Vancouver area of Canada and enjoy seeing what other guys are doing around North America.

We do maintenance as well as installations and I was curious about the river rock perimeter along the turf edges of the bedding renovations you been showing us. From a maintenance perspective, would it be better to put a discrete edging between the rock and the turf so the turf won't "creep" into the rock? I've been using a flexible, black vinyl edging for many years that takes edging the turf along bedding completely out of the maintenance equation.

Just thought I'd ask. Love the pics and your customers are obviously getting a good product for their money!

Cheers,

Barry
    www.terraeffects.ca

10. Pressedun

Thanks Barry for the comments!

As I look back I do see an actual trenched edge between the rock and turf might be a better idea however I haven't had a problem with the turf creeping yet. I'm able to line trim the edge so it stays crisp.

I don't use black plastic edging as I think it looks cheap and tacky. Its either the stone edging or a natural turf edge.
    Posted via Mobile Device