Pretty bad accident today...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveoboy01, May 17, 2010.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

One of the larger outfits in this area... A guy went over a retaining wall on a Z and ended up losing a hand. I don't know any other details, just second hand info. He actually might be lucky to be alive all things considered.

Be careful out there guys especially around walls and steep terrain. If I don't feel safe I put a walk behind on it. And get the ROPS up and seatbelt on when on slopes!

2. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

Had a lco drown here in KC yesterday. Lost control of the Z and went into the creek.

3. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Jesus...That sucks. we go a little crazy sometimes on the mowers, going where they shouldn't. Posts like this make you think twice.

4. mowerknower

mowerknower LawnSite Senior Member

Good reminder to take the extra time to be safe. I was under an exmark Lazer today that was up on the jack. I didnt put the jack stands under because I was too busy. Nothing happened but things like this should be a reminder to be as safe as possible no matter how busy things are. A little extra time spent to be safe is a lot better than not being able to work for weeks.

5. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's alright, I'm sure you could've bench pressed the thing off your chest if the jack failed....

6. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

That's too bad. I hadn't heard about that yet.

7. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

8. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

Lots of young kids on them these days too, often without supervision.

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No rops, no sorrow.

10. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

This is nothing to joke about.