1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pretty close to starting up..a few questions

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sedlmeier101, Mar 23, 2007.

1. sedlmeier101

sedlmeier101 LawnSite Member

So today I went out and printed up 150 flyers. I handed them out at 2 hoods. What's the best way to hand them out? I was just walking box to box, but it took a good chunk of time...so insted I got in my car and drove to each one. I kind of felt retarted driving to each box...or even walking to each one.
    I am going to print up a lot more and deliver them next week.

I have the chance to buy a Wright mower from a distributor who is a good friend of mine..So i get to purchase a new mower for really cheap,he told me to get a stander but they are mad expensive for starting off..I'm looking at a 48" pistol grip gear drive.

*I have not recived any calls yet...after you hand them out..how soon do people start calling?

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

150 flyers is not a lot, you might expect to get 1 or 2 calls at best off of that, or none at all. Most people will call within a day or two of getting a flyer although I have gotten calls 3 years later...that won't help you now but some people actually save flyers.

I find most people tend to put things off...even with April approaching, a flyer advertising mowing tends to get forgotten. Once the grass really kicks in the calls start to roll in. You might do better to advertise mulch and spring cleanups now, and you can 'upsell' them on mowing.
  3. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

More than likely, you won't get many calls until more of the snow melts and the grass is showing! Keep hitting the pavement and get the flyers out, dont get discouraged! Just make sure you are ready to roll when the calls start coming in. Be ready to visit with potential clients for estimates, and get your equipment ready to go! Good Luck!!!!