1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pretty good day....(rained out and all)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tamadrummer, Jul 17, 2008.

1. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a customer that basically just cemented my mowing with them forever....

They are buying their son a car and needed room in the garage for his car so today I inherited a brand new:

Used 4 times: 22" Toro Recycler Techumseh 6.5hp
    Used 4 times: Echo GT-200R

Never used never even had a drop of mix or bar oil in it: 20" Poulan Pro 46cc Chainsaw.

Now I know all this stuff is homeowner line stuff but I needed a 21/22" walkbehind and the Toro Recycler is a pretty good machine.

The line trimmer is garbage but I guess in an emergency it will do, I think I will take it to my local dealer and see if they will trade me for a new Stihl FS110 along with some cash of course.

And the chainsaw, I had none and now I have a brandy new one. Yes it is only emissions rated for 50 hours and will be lucky to get that but it will only get 93 octane fuel and stihl ultra 2 cycle.

They also have a wheel barrow for me and a ton of flower pots and a ton of other stuff that I cannot remember right now but the big things are listed here.
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Free stuff is always good!
  4. S L C

S L C LawnSite Senior Member

If I was that despartate and proud of that, I would get the hell out the biz now, you are better off doing whatever you do.....??? :hammerhead::cool2:
  5. MAD87

MAD87 LawnSite Member

It was free, so I'm sure you would take it too:nono: That doesn't mean he was desperate.:hammerhead:

He may be like me and only need a push mower for 1 yard. I have a Toro mower identical to the one he described and it cuts great. If I had to use it on 30 accounts, then I would buy a commercial...but why would you spend $800 on a mower you use twice a month?
  6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

The only free stuff I ever get are wheelbarrows... haha