1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pretty nice looking homeowner mower...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Feb 8, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Saw this on eBay. I'd say it's a pretty nice looking mower for homeowner use, and a nice price on that auction too. Hell, if I was a homeowner I'd probably look into getting one.
    Some nice features too, like two headlights, drink holder/storage built into gas tank, foot assisted deck lift, Quick transmission disengage to move it without engine running, built in striper on back of deck (looks like rubber strip), parking brake, pivoting front axle.
    And a decent size engine to go with it unlike a lot of homeowner mowers where they stick a little 15hp on them.
    Looks like you get a good bit for your money for a homeowner model.

2. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

That machine would make an awesome one for someone looking to start in buisness too. I looked into Gravely mowers Pretty seriously for replacing my Dixon 5023. They are a similar size and I think gravely also has a 52". The BIGGEST drawback for using it as a commercial unit is that Briggs and Stratton engine.

I really see a good potential for machines that size in the commercial market. I am not mowing super large properties like alot of other people here so a 1,200 pound mower with 24" rear tires just can't be justified for me. If I could swap the briggs for a kohler or kawi with a bit more power I'd do it in a minute.
  3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I for one love the B&S on my Snapper hydro walk behind. As well as the one on my Little Wonder push blower.
  4. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely is making that mower for commercial use. The caster wheels are bigger but the one that i tested was a 34" if you can believe that. It had a 15 hp Kaw. My only concern was that it might flip on a hill but that is just because it is so narrow. This little thing went about as fast as my lazer and had more leg room which is important because im 6'4. The mower is priced at 4,000 which is a hell of a deal.
  5. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

oh man... that residential machine makes me think of my timecutter. Biggest piece of junk I have ever purchased. The Briggs engine really scares me.