Prevailing Wage

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Rainman7, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

When doing irrigation, what pay scale category do you pay your laborers installing irrigation?

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

15 to 24 a hr.

3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

lowest guy on our crew makes 15$

5. Rainman7

from NY

I'm sure your all proud of what you pay your employees...but that wasn't the question. The question was what pay scale category do you use when you need to pay your employees prevailing wage? plumber,laborer,landscaper,ect....There is no irrigation category in the union wage book.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

It's usually lumped into "landscape" around here, generally 24 to 28 hr. So bump that bid so
    you can make your percentage.....check with your State, my contractors license lists me &
    employees as "lawn care, landscape, nursery". Excuse me, I do none of the above, but that's
    where we are.:)

7. Rainman7

from NY

Our landscape laborer rate is 28.05/hr. + 21.34/hr. in benefits = $49.39/hr. total.

8. Mike Leary

Gets you in the ballpark for the bid..double check tho.:) Jeez, what is the
    lead getting paid? Sign me up Scotty.

9. Rainman7

from NY

Thats category Laborer-Heavy & Highway, Group 3 which is the only group that mentions landscape. There is nothing in the book saying anything about irrigation laborer/worker so I wanted to see how you guys bid prevailing wage irrigation work.

Its that or plumber classification which is $40.18/hr. + 18.57/hr. in benefits= $58.75.;)

10. Mike Leary

I don't know if prevailing wage is federal or state to state...got to talk with
    your L&I people....there was a book (should be on the net now) that listed
    union wages for all trades..I'm sorry, my foggy brain cannot remember.:dizzy: