Price/ acre commercial property (7 acres)?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by berkslawns, Feb 18, 2008.

1. berkslawns

berkslawns LawnSite Member

Does $50 an hour sound right for a 7 acre commercial property? Or for commercial work period. Some trimming required, not a lot. Pretty flat. (Church). How much do you guysa average?
  2. Grassbuster

Grassbuster LawnSite Member

What are you comfortable making per hour?? You ask 100 people and you will probally get 100 different answers. I would not bid anything less than $45.00 per hour. This job sounds pretty easy - and I would assume you are bidding against others? Are you just starting out? What kind of equipment do you have? How long do you think it will take you per mow? Do you have to bag? We really need more info.
  3. berkslawns

berkslawns LawnSite Member

I've got a 60" toro proline zero turn mower, on oldy but goody. I figure it probably does at least 2.5 acres an hour, full throttle (open field)? So I am looking at about 3 + hours for mowing, another hour of trimming, half hour to blow off, all in probably 5+ hours. If I am looking for $50 hour minimum, I guess around $250 per visit sounds reasonable. What do you think? I am a veteran at the residential scale, but am trying to break into some larger accounts, and therefore am not sure how to estimate the larger acreages as well? All advice welcome, Thanks.
  4. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I would say 180-240 per cut depending on how open the property is. This is based on a 60 dollar and hour rate. at 3-4 hours.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

At seven acres, you're still not big enough to get the real real big machines in.

However, I'd say you're probably looking at $30 +/- per acre, so I'd say it's probably getting done for that $200 mark.
  6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I'd say thats low...but thats for my business with my overhead.

What is your overhead cost per hour?