1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

price check..aeration /seeding/power seeding

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ant, Aug 22, 2006.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

28.00 per m for aer/seed
    55.00 to slice seed per m?

what do you think..?
  2. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, I charge about half that amount. Maybe my prices are too low.
  3. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

What is the average size lawn you are working on at that price?

I like those prices. Especially if you are going in and doing a quality job. Why not get a good price for quality work.

I don't slit seed, but I do topdress with organic matter at about $40 to $60 per M depending on the size of the property.

By the way, I just received my Z-plugger this week, haven't had a chance to try it yet.
  4. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

I get between $30.00 and $35.00 per m. Flat and square get $30.00, trees, roots, a lot of landscaping get $35.00. Hey puttinggreens, how do you spread your organic matter?
  5. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i would like to know how and what? i'm going to try a bunch of things this fall after aerations. any suggestions while i'm experimenting?

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

sounds good but how much seed will u be using ???????

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

Wow! I wish I could get that much per/M! Around here you get $50/M for entirely finish grading, raking, and drill seeding a 20,000 sf. lawn, including starter fert.:dizzy: I suppose if you are dealing with much smaller properties, your price per M will go up.
  8. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Right in line, do you ever aerate prior to slit seeding?
  9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge by the hour for slice seeding $70 per hour. Covers all materials, labor, insurance, and equipment replacement cost.
  10. korelandscaping

korelandscaping LawnSite Member
    from ct

10-12 cents a square foot for slice seeding (with seed) and 2 cents a square for aerating (w/o seed). Large slice seeding and aerating jobs I try to cut the customer a break but that all depends. I have a 100.00 minimum for aerating and I always try to aerate and slice seed most lawns I renovate. The two combined is by far the best way to insure seed to soil contact.IMO