Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Feb 21, 2001.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Hello all you guys and gals in Lawnsite land.

Although I am not in the market at this moment I want your opinions on something.

I do business with a guy who has a 97 model Wells Cargo 8x24 enclosed trailer with the dovetail rear, extra lights, trap door tire carrier and leveling jacks. He said he would sell it to me for $5250.00, sounds like a good deal to me but needed support here from my group. Can't make decisions like this without my support group!
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Well Mr. HEART OF ?????????? [LOL:)]

I would say that if you think its a fair price for your market area that I would "go-for-it" if this is something you are planning to expand into.

Hope this helps
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

sounds like a fair price to me too. go for it.
  4. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

i priced a new haulmark 8.5X18 for $4500. if i remember correctly an additional two feet of length ran $120. so that would put up to $4860 no spare tire or stabilizers though.
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm not sure, but I think Homers profile should say " Heart of 10,000 Rednecks!" :D
  6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Homer, Wells Cargo is probably the best trailer made, or one of the top few. If people can give you an unbiased opinion that's what they will say. But you know some die hards will never agree with people. And their trailer is priced like they're the best. I've had four enclosed trailers in my life. I bought them all new. Interstate, 2 Pace, and now my Haulmark. The Wells Cargo is a quality trailer when it comes to detail, otherwise they offer the same specifications as the others with comparable size and weight limits. It's the fine detailing of the little things that really seperates them. If you can live without some of that, then to me they are a little too much money. I checked extensively when I made this last trailer purchase as far as wall and floor wood thickness, the 16" or 24" on center walls and floors, torson axles, outside aluminum thickness, width of all doors and between wheels and so on.
    Anyways, to get to the point, check out their websites and compare notes. A good website to get some prices from is They have Haulmark and a couple other brands and at least you can look at prices and get some specs.
    To maybe give you something to compare the price your buddy gave you on that trailer. My trailer is a 2001 Haulmark 8.5' x 20', dove tail, ramp back door, 14" side access door for fueling, a regular 48" side door, aluminum wheels, front diamond plate stone deflector, one roof vent, and on the inside I have upper and lower white laminate cabinets in the front. The bottom is in an L-Shape, and the top straight across. The trailer base price was $4200, with all my options and destination charge and taxes, it was $5700. The Wells Cargo was $1000 more for the same set-up. I will post some pictures as soon as I can but it is still getting lettered. Sorry to chew your ear off but just letting you know what I can. Good luck.