Price check for walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffyr, Nov 15, 2000.

1. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Got a price of $7200 on the 16HP 42"GHS with the 7 bushell catcher and $8100 on the 20 HP 42" GHS with the 9.5 bushell catcher.

What do you all think ? I would be using this machine for 25-30 acounts per week. I'm not sure if it would even matter in the long run if I got the 20HP, although it may matter for resale down the road.

Have any of you gotten prices recently....I think Mowed and Fireman ? I Could use help.

thanks.

jeffyr

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

If only the 16hp and 20hp are the only ones you can go with. The 20hp you can get more options on mower, I would get the 20hp if you cant afford the 26EFI, with the 20hp and up you can run tail lock, bigger decks if ever wanted to upgrade to a bigger deck, powerdumps and the list goes on. We have a 1998 25HP 48" 9.5 GHS system and a 2001 26EFI 48" 9.5 GHS system and also have 52" side discharge decks for them when we are able to discharge. Go with the 20hp 48" 9.5 GHS with the light kit, tail lock and all terrain tires its worth the extra to pay for these options, ours are loaded with everything but power dumps and we might be upgrading that too. We lease our mowers through Telmark its the most finacial gain to lease then to loan you will save alot of money. We are leasing both our Walkers and I would never go another route so many benifates and at lease end you give them $100.00 and its all yours free and clear. For more leasing info go to http://www.telmark.com or call 800-451-3322.

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Brian,

I have read other threads about leasing through Telmark, but in the long run won't it still cost $12,000 for an $8,000 machine ?

In other words, they don't take the $8,000 and divide it by 36 months plus $100 for the buyout. I realize that you can deduct the whole lease as if a rental, but if I can deduct the whole machine for this year and not pay interest, why not be done with it if I won't need the money at this time ?

thanks

jeffyr

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

5. landscaper3

Jeff if you have the cash by all means buy it, but if you have to finance it you will want to lease! Most mower shops and business loans are say $259 month for 36 months you pay almost $9,000.00 for a 6995.00 ZTR or simular model like in Turf Mag. page B6. Our Walkers first ones was $8,000 and when finshed paying it it will be $10,372.00 so as you can see they are the same as loans and unlike business loans and loans from dealers all 100% of your monthly payments can be deducted off year end gross income which alone will save lots of money. Loans you have to do a depreciation value instead. Your lease comes with paperwork states that this is a true lease and all payments are deductable off your W2's and they will stand by any audit from this by the I.R.S. We have financed different mowers for 9 years and came across this and will NEVER take a loan out for a mower agian, you are even able to lease mowing decks, areators, dethachers, snowblowers and more for your Walker. I only wish 9 years ago someone showed me this lease proccess years ago to save me even more money.

6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

jeffyr, does it make sense not to buy the better machine? Hmmm, good question. If you intend on financing or leasing the machine, how much extra would the payment be? My best guess is that the 20 horse at $8100 would cost you about $30 a month more than the 16hp. Not much of question which way I would go. How much would the 26 fi engine be? Not only will it be worth more at resale, it may be worth more to you while you own it :cool:

7. landscaper3

The 16hp and the 20hp get almost the same gas milage, we put 1800hrs on our 94 16hp and got 4hrs on tank, our 98 25hp gets 4 hours on tank and sometimes 4.5hrs the 16hp needs higher rev to pull the same weight machine as the 20hp
    and our new 26EFI gets 5 to 5.5 hrs on a tank. Dont get the 16hp for you cant put the tail lock on it and other options go with the 20hp. Our 2001 Walker 26 EFI 48" GHS System with tail lock, all terrain tires, light kit and cushing seat with the no-deflector shoot on 9.5 bagger and speed up kit cost a little over $9000.00 and got a great deal on another 52" Side Discharge deck with purchase. If you get a bigger discharge deck dont buy the 54" unless your mowing level ground. If you hit something with the 54 you can do some damage and if you hit something with the 52 or 62 you only slip yhe belts.

8. landscaper3

Here are some of the impliments available for the 20hp and up, Buffalo turbine, debri blower, ATI bed shaper, 2 48" broomers, snow cab, 2 Areators, power deck lift, power dump, HRS Hayes rotory fertilizer spreader, 40" dethacher, dozer blade, bucket loader, coulter edger, 42" 2 stage snow blower, 36" snow blower, 47" Rotory broom, impliment hitch, boom sprayer and more. So as you can these Walkers do it all so opt to buy at least the 20hp for if you ever get some of these impliments youll be glad. Our company has some of the above impliments and love em. And they also have 3 seat options, lighting kits, speed up kits, rear tail locks my favorite, 36"GHS deck, 42"GHS deck, 48"GHS deck, 42"mulching deck, 36" side discharge deck, 42" side discharge deck, 48" side discharge deck, 52" side discharge deck with mulching kit, 54" side disharge deck and 62" side discharge deck. Just giving some food for thought.

[Edited by landscaper3 on 11-16-2000 at 02:52 AM]

9. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I wouldn't buy new
    Why?
    I find used and barely used walkers on line like
    http://www.traderonline.com thriftynickel st petersburg time just to name a few

10. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

MOWER-"Commercial": Walker 0 turn, 42", only 260 hrs, never used coml, $3800, 1-941-915-0219.
    Highlight this ad! Date Posted: 11/09/2000
    Source: Sarasota Herald Tribune