1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price check &help me decide

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Jonathan Hollingsworth, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Jonathan Hollingsworth

Jonathan Hollingsworth LawnSite Member

Bobcat 430H $40,000 cash CDN / 1100 hrs Clean machine, 1 digging bucket, Undercarrage work done by dealer. What do you guy's think ?

Also looking at T190 or a ASV RC60 can't decide any pro's and cons my price quotes are around 46,500 for the ASV and 49,000 for the T190 also CDN These come with bucket heat/air, qiuick attach, sound profing in cab, Pretty well loaded but the 190 doesn't have the loaded panel or security code start.

All help would be awsome. Thanx
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Have demoed the excavator? If you have not I would and try and find something to compare it to if you don't have any experience in another brand. I don't know how much that is in U.S. $ but I would first run it and see what you think. The same could be said for the T190 and the ASV. They are different machines. The ASV being a suspended tracked machine and the Bobcat being a solid system. the control systems are also different. This forum has hours of debate on the topic. Your application should be the deciding factor on which is more suitable. My personal opinion is the T190 is a weak machine. I know there are guys that may like it but I didn't. Low on power, the AHC controls are terrible, goes over relief very easy. The machine has too much feedback in the sticks and without having servos it is far from effortless. The Bobcat E/H controls are much better although not as responsive as other operating systems. The larger Bobcat tracked machines were more impressive, although they share the same operating systems. I have not run an ASV. I would run them side by side and see which you prefer.
  3. Bob E G

Bob E G LawnSite Member
    from 53717

I just bought an ASV RC 60. I'm really a Cat guy, but the 2 machines have quite a few similarities, as you may know. I had a large Cat machine, but needed a narrow, powerful track machine, that could do the bigger jobs fairly well and would also be narrow enough to get into the small places--that is why I bought the ASV. As you know, that is a 60"wide machine, but has a lot of HP, for the size! You don't find that anywhere other than ASV or Cat, as far as I know. I think it is going to be a great machine. I'll let you know if we ever get rid of the ice and snow in Wisconsin.

Don't know a thing about the Bobcat, but I love the Cat controls! Also, got mine used w 500 hours for a fraction of that price you were quoted, w/cab/heat--you might want to consider used.
    Good luck.
  4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I would see what Finnings will do for a CTL or try deal with the Takeuchi dealer then you also have Brandt tractor that has Deere.
  5. Jonathan Hollingsworth

Jonathan Hollingsworth LawnSite Member

Finning is way more $.
    I have Done Demo on the 430H and was impressed, also a demo on the T190. It wasn't bad but nothing to compare it to yet. (other than a older wheeled bobcat and there was no comparison in my mind.) Looking forward to more input and Ideas on the mini excavator from those of you that have some experience with different kinds.
    Oh and as for buying used ASV's in this neck of the wood I can't find any.
  6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I would check out Takeuchi or Deere for a excavator I know Finnings thinks the equipment is worth gold. That is typical Cat overpriced :rolleyes:

I never been impressed with Bobcat Mini excavators I would rather have a Kubota or another brand. Kubota minis are well proven I imagine Brandt tractor will give you a good deal on a Deere.
  7. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

That sound's high on the mini for price with 1100 hrs.Look at and run some other mini's first,I ran a bobcat first and though it was great and than ran a deere,cat,takeuchi and they are a much better feeling machine than the bobcat,I bought the deere and have really liked it.