Price Check on a 2003 Scag Tiger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skgolfer, Mar 16, 2006.

1. skgolfer

skgolfer LawnSite Member

I found a 3 year old Scag Turf Tiger STT61A With a 25HP Kohler. Owner is asking $4100. It has 1350 hours and needs a new seat. Deal or No Deal! Thanks for your help.

2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

No deal, There is 2 in the want ad im looking at right now, 03 Tiger cub, 37 hrs on it 4000, 04 tiger cub, 91 hrs $4200. I think its a bit overpriced with that # of hours.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

No deal,you can't compare a tiger cub with a turf tiger two different machines,4100 is all it's worth no room my 2 cents you have paid all it's worth used mowers buyer beware.

4. Ollie3

Ollie3 LawnSite Member

No deal some guy has one in the local paper with 450hrs for the same price. I'd walk. Buy a new one. Put the money down and make payments.

Ollie

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

He is right, i know it's a lot of cash but i always buy new.

6. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

I would say if you could talk the guy down a little bit it wouldn't be a bad deal if its in good cond.. the price is more than half of the cost of it new and it probably has more than half of its life left..just not the better half!! A tiger cub and turf tiger have a big difference in price..

7. skgolfer

skgolfer LawnSite Member

Thanks all. I'm looking to use this as for my home to mow just 3 or 4 acres per week. So hopefully it will last. If $4100 is too high, what would be fair...$3000...$3500???

8. Ollie3

Ollie3 LawnSite Member

I'd say $2,800-3,000 is a fair price if the mower is in excellent condition. Keep in mind the condition of the mower. You can buy an excellent walk-behind for that price-brand spanking new with a sulky. That would be a better investment.

Ollie.

9. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

Have you priced new Turf Tigers lately??? Real Turf Tigers, not kitty kat cubs.......That is a good price.

10. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a fair price if it is in good condition. I would try to get him to come off some money for a new seat or put one on it for you. We just bought a 2006 Turf Tiger 52/ 27 Kohler and it was $9200 out the door. The same mower we bought with a 61 is a few hundred more with the same engine.