Price check on Deere 7H19

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JLC, Mar 7, 2007.

1. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Just checking to see if anyone has priced one of these recently. My dealer quoted just under $6800 with tax freight and setup...basically out the door. Seems a little high, so I was wondering what others have been quoted. The mower lists for $6399 and was hoping to be in the 5's out the door. Thanks.

2. johng

johng LawnSite Member

there is one for sale on ebay with about two days to go. Last years machine, about one hour, but it's a I deck not a II. Starting bid is $4700 I think. In Florida. I kind of hinted to my dealer that I would be interested and he insisted they all go out the door at full list but I've never seen one in the field. Cool looking machine though. I'd love to try one out.
    John...

3. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I've been really impressed with the 7 iron II from past demo's. We've been all Hustler for years, but have to do a fair amount of tweaking to them to discharge halfway decent and the Deere was hands down better out of the box than our modified Hustlers. I think it's time for a switch. Just trying to find out if everyone else is paying this much. Thanks.