Price check on Turf Ranger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by xi_bowhunter, Aug 5, 2003.

1. xi_bowhunter

xi_bowhunter LawnSite Member

Any thoughts on the price tag for a 1997, 20hp, 60 inch deck Turf Ranger with 1100 hours? Seen one advertised and wondering if price is too high.

2. xi_bowhunter

anyone??

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Huh. I posted on this last night, but now it's not here. What I said was that I will call my Exmark dealer and ask him what he thinks. As a matter of fact, he has one just like that over there right now. I'll see what it is, exactly, and see what he's asking (unless it's the same one).

4. xi_bowhunter

If it is in the Flint area then it is not the same one. Thanks for any help you can give me.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's alot of hours. Taking into consideration that those motors usually get between 1200 and 15 hours use before giving up the ghost, it's sort of a risky option. I have a Gravely that is the same style as that, with the 20 hp Kohler Magnum, and a 60" deck, it's a '93, and only has about 600 hours on it. That machine probably isn't worth much more than $1200., so I know I'll never sell it. I just get too much use out of it for various things. This dealer has a new one (the one I thought was used), and it has 0 hours, a 23 hp motor, 60" deck, and they are asking $6900 for it. I'm sure they would take less for it, though. It's a 2002, I believe.

6. xi_bowhunter

thanks. thought the guy was asking too much for it and I must have been right.

7. xi_bowhunter

Runner

Talked to couple of exmark dealers on west side of state and they both said between 1500 and 2000 if in very good condition.