Price Check - Walker Model C

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JethroBodine, Mar 24, 2004.

1. JethroBodine

JethroBodine LawnSite Member
    from IL

What's this worth?

2002 Model C
    16HP
    48" GHS
    7 BU Manual Dump
    80 Hours

Dealer is asking 6500

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Sounds close probably more like $6000. If you can swing it go for at least a 20 horse you won't regret it.

3. bligh61

bligh61 LawnSite Member

fair price, depends on hours on machine i have a 20 and a 16 the 20 is by far better all around

4. JethroBodine

from IL

bligh61

What makes the 20HP that much better? Is it just the additional power or is it the Model T vs the Model C

I am leaning toward a bigger unit, but then I though maybe I should 'test the waters' on a less expensive one.

5. JethroBodine

from IL

Does anyone have any additional feedback on the pros & cons of the Model C vs Model T

6. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I have a 20 horse with the 48" deck and large hopper, I have never had any complaints. Plenty of power, doesn't bog down in long grass and eats leaves like you wouldn't believe. A good friend of mine who sometimes helps me out has a 2002 16 horse with the 42" deck he hates it, underpowered for the kind of growht and leaves we get up here. You would be surprised how much of a difference 4 horse makes, I've driven his it's totally different. Mine handles much better and cuts much nicer. With the 20 horse (or bigger) you have alot of options as far as attachments too.

7. JethroBodine

from IL

LB

Thanks for your input. I have demoed a 26 HP EFI - Really liked it.
    I am going to have them bring the 16HP out and try it too. I'm afraid I probably already spoiled myself on the 26HP though.

8. LB Landscaping

from Maine

If you can swing it go for the higher HP, you won't regret it in the long run. I felt the larger models felt more sturdy, seemed to perform better on hilly terrain as well. Good luck with the demo, let us know what you decide!!!