price check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, May 4, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i charge mostly 30 or higher i only have two lawns that i charge 20 for and there just fronts.now were i live everyone is cutting front and back full service for anywere from 11 to 25 same cuts i do its f---ing ridicoulous.my question is i want to charge
    mowing and trimming 30.00 edegeing and beds turned over another 5 .everyone here gives this service for free i dont know y but i dont want to.its extra work plus i want to present my self as full lawn maintenance.mow,trim,edge,blow,flower beds,all for starting at 35.00 .but how do i brake it to them the extra loot added on.when the whole town is giving up for nothing pratically

2. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

It's not possible for you to compete with those guys on their terms.
    Just do GOOD work, stand behind your work and charge fairly.
    Push your insurance and license, these are what seperate you from the lowballers.
    Good Luck

3. WILSON BROS.

WILSON BROS. LawnSite Member

There are alot of cut throats in the business. so we concentrate on quality. When the best looking yard in the neighborhood is one of yours it matters. Dont back off on prices the business will come. The way I see it Im not McDonalds. Quality not quantity.

4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Amen to that brother Wilson. Amen to that.

5. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

yea there only a few that care about quality though everyone else is cheaper..

6. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Mr. Ron. I'll call you that cause you earned it. We all come across guys who lowball. One guy in my area New Jersey) I won't say his name, does $hitty work. Not one of his guys speaks english. I picked up 5 of his lawns already.
    No one can communicate with his guys to tell them what they want done. He does tons of lawns, we like to call him the Mcdonalds of the Lawn Care biz. He loses alot of lawns a year and then picks up new ones. Its safe to say that his turn over is very high from year to year. All those accounts are just numbers to him no names. Stick to your guns Ron the work will come, it will come.
    Best of luck,
    Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance