Price check

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DixieChopper88, Nov 2, 2007.

1. DixieChopper88

DixieChopper88 LawnSite Member

I was on the way home today after mowing and i saw this leaf-vac system. I want to do leaf cleanups around town and since i can dump the debris at the side of the road i wanted one of these for that. People hate to do leaves and thought this would be the easiest thing to get. Anyway it is called Agri-Fab and it is a ten cubic feet system with a motor (size i don't know) and is in very good condition. He is asking 500$ for it. What i want to know is is that a good price and is this machine going to get the job done for me?

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

If it's in very good condition, that's a pretty fair price. My Dad has one and he's used it for years. This of course was not commercial use. But he has a fairly large bermudagrass lawn and loves to bag. It sucks clippings and leaves very well behind his John Deere 755 tractor.

It sells for $1000 typically.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_201882_201882

Just make sure the boot that fits over the discharge of your mower will fit or can be cut to fit. If not, you'll have to order a new one.

3. CTJ

CTJ LawnSite Member

I have one. I got it from Tractor Supply. Works OK. Mine is a 6.5 HP. New ones are around 8.0 HP I think. I paid $1000 for mine 3 years ago. The hopper kind of small. Cleaning up my one acre I need to dump it 5 or 6 times.