Price difference

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Downunder Bob, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Downunder Bob

Downunder Bob LawnSite Member

Gday fellas, I'm seriously thinking about a new zero turn rider, but am having trouble comming to terms with the price. I was quoted around 11k AU for a 20/52 fastrac. I read you guys are paying around 5k US. With our dollar buying around 70 cents US,why is my price more than double yours?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You were quoted 11k AUS, which is 7745.00 US.
    There are a lot of items that factor in when we export product to other countries, such as taxes, tariffs, brokering fees, shipping....and I am sure there are more....
    I am sure the pricing you are being quoted is accurate and fair.
    E-mail me your info and I will forward it on to our export sales manager, I am sure he can give you some more detail.

Pj

3. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but havent we just signed a "free trade agreement" with the U.S.

Shouldn't all thoses shiping, tax costs be exempt for this kind of import now?

Dose the trade agreement only apply to primary industries?

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not aware of the particulars of the "free trade agreement", but I can guarantee that shipping is not covered, and also you need to consider the exchange rate on the $'s also.

5. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

I can understand shipping not being covered.

It just seems to me that Aussie dealers/international counterparts are putting a big mark up on these machines (not just hustler) and making a killing.

Putting the exchange rate aside and outright machine cost, surly it can't cost more than $2000 AUD for an Aussie importer to bring ZTR's over the pond in quntatiy? Even without any advantage of the free trade agreement (if there is any advantage?).

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

on maui (the little island in the pacific ocean and also known as hawaii) my hustler the dealer quoted me 7,400 US dollars for a fastrac and 11,000 for a super mini Z. needless to say I took my business elsewhere.

7. Rog

Rog LawnSite Member

I bought a 18hp Honda 44" FastTrak for $4300 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You can buy one here and drive it back:).

8. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

if the prices get any higher I may consider that.