1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Price does not matter..I want the best trimmer..which one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

The title says it all. I am sick of less than the best. My current trimmer has taken a crap...I want the BEST that is made. Any suggestions. And no I will not do a search.
  2. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

You really should define "best".

You have some trimmers which have power for days but are somewhat heavy.

Some are light but do not have the power for the big tough jobs, but are great for routine use.

So, what are you looking for?
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Don't expect too much help on here with that attitude. Plus what you are asking is only opinion based anyway as everyone will yell their favorite brand is the best.......like Ford Vs. Chevy......let me go ahead and tell you for them since you are to simple too use the search.....Redmax, Stihl, Echo, Robin, Kawasaki, and any others out there.........
  4. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Mike, once again, you have said it all.:weightlifter: :usflag:
  5. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea..Most definatly
  6. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I have not owned a Ford vehicle that was not pathetic. Buy a Ford now, pay a dear price later.
  7. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

and will now worship Mike the ALL KNOWING...we are not worthy...
  8. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

In our neck of the woods the best one is one that you can get parts and service quickley. Find a decent dealer that is close by with one of the above mentioned brands and go have a look. I prefer a couple brands above stihl, but that is the only brand that has a full service shop with parts available close by
  9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Homelite! cannot go wrong Grits, pick yourself up a Ryobi one too with the attachments. then a maybe a stihl electric blower. you will be all set! i see that Wal-mart has a good sale going on!
  10. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe try a craftsman.