Price estimate

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ptlawnguy, May 16, 2006.

1. ptlawnguy

ptlawnguy LawnSite Member

I am putting in brick along a customers gravel driveway in order to ensure a clean transition from his yard to his driveway. This is a very long driveway that goes completely around his house. It will be easy work,but may take some time. I plane on keeping the bricks sticking out of the ground 1/2 to 1 inch so my mower will not hit them.

How much should I charge. Should I charge by the hour. Or by the brick
    My expenses will be.
    Delivery charge of brick
    1 or 2truck loads of top soil
    edger blades
    elbow grease
    I am most concerned with what to charge for the labor of installing the brick
  2. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

call a real landscape place have them give you the bid,, then hire them,, charge 10% more and sit back and enjoy, Or get a job with said Co. till you learn how to bid.:hammerhead:

Ok Im sorry that was mean,,, but I thought I would give it a try be4 someone else does! You have all the info you need to make this bid,, so add it up and figure what you want to make for your time and that is your bid. If your are to low you will learn to charge more as your busting your a$$. Charge to much and you won't get the job. Life is a Learning lesson,, and some dont get started till its too late!
  3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a thread a lot like this one and what one guy told us to do was charge I believe it was $2.20 per brick and per bag of supplies that you have to purchase.