1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Price for 1,000,000 sq ft aeration

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by joe2106, Oct 18, 2006.

1. joe2106

joe2106 LawnSite Member

I need a price for 1,000,000 sq ft of aeration asap! We probably will use a tractor and a z-aerator, but don't want to lose the whole job b/c we are too high on the aeration. It is pretty much wide open w/ a bunch of townhomes. I am over $10/1,000 usually, but never have done anything this large.

Thanks,
    joe

2. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

How many man-hours is it going to take?

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

1,000,000 sq. ft?:dizzy: That's about 23 acres for townhomes.:dizzy:

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

somewhere around $4K would be a reasonable bid I think. should be done in two days with a tractor and a 6' aerator.

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

How can you qoute it if you don't know how you'll do it?

6. joe2106

joe2106 LawnSite Member

Its a package deal on mowing/fert. , so I have to aerate. I pry will by 2 z-pluggers. I have plenty of other props that are large enough to use them. Any feedback on them vs tractor aerators?

7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

IMHO the only way to do that is with tractors, perhaps a man or two on wb's aerating the tight areas,edges,etc. Myself, i would want $5000 for that job,however, it is october 20th and winter is coming so i would bid $4400. no less. Good luck.

8. johndeereguy

johndeereguy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I do a job every spring that is about 30 acres. It is a factory and is wide open. I do it with a John Deere tracotr and Land Pride 3 point 6' aerater. I only $500

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

How long does that job take to complete? Price sounds quite low to me!

10. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

talk about leaving some money on the table! JMO If you are happy, then all is well.